In 1974, Ray and Moira Oliver arrived in Pietermaritzburg from Zimbabwe to plant a church. In those days the church comprised mainly of University students. After a few years we bought an old church building in Victoria Road. 1984 was a big year for us: we moved venue to 498 Alexandra Road, and began to partner with a group of churches called New Covenant Ministries International. Together, we have planted churches in more than 50 countries of the world, and continue to assist thousands of churches in their leadership and development. The church grew steadily through the 80s & 90s, and in 2000, Ray and Moira Oliver handed over leadership to Grant & Sue Crawford. In 2005, we built the 1800 seater auditorium in Bisley. 2007 saw a dramatic shift in our modus operandi. This was the year we began to run concurrent and multiple meetings at various venues around the city. Today, we meet at 13 different venues in PMB and the midlands every Sunday.